- This event has passed.
Alex Moreau Tasting Lunch
Jan 19, 2024 – Friday
Champagne Reception: Noon
Start time: 12:30 pm
Wines will be served:
- Chassagne Montrachet 2021
- Chassagne Montrachet 1er Cru La Maltroie 2007
- Chassagne Montrachet 1er Cru Morgeot 2010
- Chassagne Montrachet 1er Cru Les Grandes Ruchottes 2015
- Chassagne Montrachet 1er Cru Les Caillerets 2014
- Meursault 1er Cru Porusot Dessus 2018
- Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru 2017
- Batard Montrachet Grand Cru 2013
- Chassagne Montrachet 1er Cru La Cardeuse 2012
This fine domaine is based in Chassagne-Montrachet, and its roots go back to 1809 when Auguste Moreau built its first cellar. The majority of the domaine’s 5 hectares were assembled by Marcel Moreau in the 1930s.
Alexandre’s father, Bernard Moreau, took over the vineyards and cellar in the early 1960s at the age of 14 years, but by the 1970s he had already secured a sound reputation for the domaine.
Alex Moreau – who has been running the legendary Domaine Bernard Moreau ; belongs to the new generation of talented wine makers in the Cote d’Or, who went through formal studies and have experienced working in other wine regions around the world. In 2021, Alex has bottled wines under his own label.
There is natural approach to managing the vineyards: there is no use of herbicides or pesticides, and only plowing is applied. Only organic fertilizers are being used. Pruning is the main method used to keep the yields low and under control. Harvest is done solely by hand and fermentation is naturally originated by the natural grapes’ yeasts. The grapes are lightly crushed before pressing and left to settle overnight.